Thursday, November 11, 2010

What is it with the blue ink???? Today I come downstairs from getting ready for the day and Kensley is sitting on the couch sucking on a blue marker.  AAAHHHH!  Luckily is wiped off well with a baby wipe, but geez, I can't imagine ink from a marker would taste that great.

Today I spent most of the morning baking cupcakes and a cake for Kaden's birthday this weekend.  I was so busy in the kitchen that I neglected the other housework.  You can only imagine the tornado that went through the living room.  At one point Kensley went outside to play.  I usually open the kitchen window when she does that so I can see and hear her.  She climbed up into her swing, buckled herself in, and proceeded to say "Mommy!" about 500 times.  Each and every time I told her I was cooking and couldn't leave the kitchen to come outside and push her on the swing.  She was content to sit there for about 20 minutes yelling "Mommy!" every other breath.  I finally shut the window.  (I want to add that I did finally push her once I was done in the kitchen).

I have decided that naptime in the car is the best thing in the world.  I had about 10 minutes to spare today before I had to pick Kaden up from school.  Kolby and Kensley fell asleep in the car on the way.  I whipped the van into a church parking lot, locked the doors, laid my head back and took a 10 minute nap.  I have decided that I might leave 10 minutes early every day! :)

Does anyone know how much Goodnite pull-ups cost individually?  My kids are about to find out!  They cost $0.69 per pull-up.  Kaden and Kolby still both need to wear one every single night.  That's $1.38 per night, for 365 nights a year.  That's a grand total of $503.70 a year to buy Goodnites.  Gulp! Yeah, that's what I did too.  So, you can imagine my frustration at bedtime when Kaden and Kolby got into a ripping fight with their pull-ups and I walk into their bedroom to find their pull-ups torn apart and ruined!!  Yeah,  I plan to get my $1.38 back in manual labor!!!!

1 comment:

  1. yahoo! So glad you're blogging! The problem, really, is not being willing to be awakened in the middle of the night with pee everywhere. It doesn't happen every night, but those few nights it does happen keep you in pull-ups....and having the pull-up keeps them from fully training...maybe? Anyway, I'm sure there's a solution involving saran wrap. I love the closed window.

    ReplyDelete