Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I still have all my hair today.  That's a plus.  Today started with a very cranky 4 year old who didn't want to get up to go to preschool, didn't want to brush his teeth, and didn't want to get dressed.  This is the same 4 year old who didn't want the Poptart from the BACK of the foil package, he wanted the Poptart from the FRONT of the foil package!  When it was time to leave I couldn't shove him out the door fast enough!!! Grrrr....

I took a shower today.  Did I mention that one of the heating elements is out on my water heater. Yeah, I've never taken a shower so fast!  After getting ready for the day, I came downstairs to find Kensley with a very blue mouth.  Did she find a sucker? Nope.  She had found one of Kaden's stamps and decided to suck the ink out.  Maybe I should consider putting the number for poison control on speed dial.  Thankfully it was harmless and a baby wipe got most of the blue off. Almost.

So today was a big day for Kolby.  His last visit to the orthopaedic doctor who would hopefully tell me that his collarbone was all healed up.  I picked him up early from school since I've been too nervous to let him stay long enough for recess on the playground (actually I'm not as nervous as the teacher, I think).  Within 2 minutes of picking him up he was demanding (in a very sassy voice) that I needed to buy him a toy. "Listen here little man, I've got news for you.  You will not demand things of me.  You are not getting a toy.  I was hoping you and I could enjoy some one-on-one time today. Don't ruin it by disrespecting me or disobeying me. Let's start over right now!"  He was ANGEL from that moment on.

We had about 2 hours to kill before heading to the doctors office.  Kolby fell asleep in the car.  I pulled into the parking lot of a park, locked the doors, and leaned my seat back to catch a little nap myself.  There were a few moms and their kids playing. I felt pretty safe to take a little cat nap.  About 15 minutes later I woke up and was quietly playing on my phone and letting Kolby sleep a little longer.  There is no way the mom at the park COULDN'T see me.  What does she do??  She pushes the lock button about 3 times to "make sure" her van was locked causing her horn to beep 3 times! Kolby's eyes shot open.  Are you kidding me?!  I'm glad the daggers I shot at her weren't real.

So Kolby was given the "all clear" at the doctor. Yay!  Then the receptionist told me our balance. What?! They must be out of their minds!!! A) I saw the doctor less than 5 minutes in the 3 visits combined. B) He didn't do a single thing but tell me his collarbone was indeed broken (I knew that) and that Kolby needed to stay off the monkey bars (duh).  So what exactly do we owe hundreds of dollars for????? Needless to say I did not come home in a good mood.

Frozen pizza for dinner.  No bath (barely any hot water anyway). Bedtime at 7:30.  I think I might be winning Mother of the Year award this year.

2 comments:

  1. at least you didn't burn the pizza! :)
    i thought about posting the laundry pile in my room..but i was too embarrassed even thoughi KNOW every single mother out there has had one at least 1x intheir mothering experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad he is ok! I agree about the crazy medical costs, its robbery- plain and simple. The 2 min visits for $$$$ bother me the most! Anyway, cant wait to read your next blog :) I am glad i am not alone in my CRAZY days!

    ReplyDelete