Monday, November 15, 2010

Recovering from a long weekend at Nana's house....

It's like a baby hangover. Only rather than a headache, it comes in the form of a whine.  What is it with one long weekend at the grandparent's house that turns my kids into little demons?  It was a fun birthday weekend for Kaden, but let me tell you the aftermath has been horrendous!  My sweet little angel has cried and screamed those ear piercing screams over the tiniest issues today.  Geez Kolby, just give her whatever she wants so she'll stop screaming!!! Yes, I went that far.

Have you ever wondered what the "stuffing" of a diaper consists of?  Well, I found out a long time ago when I accidentally washed one in the washing machine.  My kids however, had no idea.....until last night.  Did I ever mention how difficult it is to get my kids to go to sleep?  In the midst of their playing around upstairs somehow Kensley's diaper was ripped off and slung around while little clear jelly-like beads came raining down all over the place!  That's another $.50 someone owes me in manual labor....

A friend of mine on a "mommy forum" just posted this for me in one of her blogs. :)  Thanks Abby!  I thoroughly enjoy writing about the reality of having kids.  I'm hoping it will be like a breath of fresh air and an opportunity for everyone to realize that their crazy life is just as NORMAL as the next person's life!  This blog award is one that you "pay it forward" to keep it going!  I'd like to give it to my friend Abbey!  She is an awesome mom, wife, and friend!

1 comment:

  1. awe, i am touched thank you!! i will write tomorrow and include it! thanks Kelly! You are my go to lady you know! :)

    ReplyDelete