Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Is it really too much to ask????

Today when we were leaving from getting professional Christmas pictures taken one person was stomping away and crying....and it wasn't any of my kids!  Is it really so difficult to look at the camera and smile all at the same time?  It's not like I'm asking my kids to find a cure for cancer or anything!  So after 8-10 clicks of the professional's camera Mommy gave up.  Several photos had tongues exposed, several had eyes in different directions, and several had smileless blank stares.  I pleaded with my kids to no avail to cooperate for just one picture.  I stomped away feeling frustrated and couldn't stop the tears from flowing.  Have you ever had those moments where you know it's ridiculous to cry, but you couldn't stop crying anyway?  Yeah, that was me today.

Moms sacrifice so much for their children.  I do EVERYTHING for my kids.  I don't ask for much in return...just two small things.  1) Sleep in on Saturdays and 2) Look at the camera and smile!  Is it really too much to ask????  (by the way, neither of those things ever happen). 

I'm sure someone is bound to tell me that one day I will look back on these days and miss them.  And, I'm sure they are right.  But for now, I look forward to the day I can sleep in on Saturdays and I can't wait to hear my kids complain that my grandchildren refuse to cooperate for photographs.  I will probably just stick my tongue out at them and say...."Karma, baby!"  :-P

2 comments:

  1. all i can say is ..."evidently it is!" best line of my day.."you are the mom, you are SUPPOSED to do everything!" ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a stepparent of three boys, and none of our wedding photos contain all five of us. I love the photos, but I wish there were just one of all of us together!

    ReplyDelete